Selecting the right HubSpot package is a pivotal decision that can greatly benefit your business. It empowers you with an all-in-one platform designed to enhance your marketing, sales, and services.
This means you can streamline your efforts, reach more customers, and provide better service – all from a single, powerful tool.
It’s like having a toolbox that’s perfectly suited to help you build and grow your business effectively.
Whether you’re considering HubSpot or have already decided to adopt it, this article will guide you through the decision-making process and help you make an informed choice.
A. Setting the Foundation: Defining Your Challenges and Needs
Before delving into the features and costs of various HubSpot packages, take some time to define the challenges and the needs you want HubSpot to address.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as a starting point:
1. What are the key goals you’d like to achieve by using HubSpot to streamline marketing, sales, and customer service processes?
- Reflect on where your processes may feel inefficient, time-consuming, or unclear.
- Are there bottlenecks or areas where leads are being lost or not effectively nurtured?
- Are you seeking automation features such as email marketing, lead nurturing, appointment scheduling, tracking, and monitoring?
- Are you encountering challenges in increasing lead generation, improving customer engagement, or enhancing conversion rates?
2. Where do you experience gaps in customer data and insights?
- Consider whether you are obtaining a comprehensive view of your customers’ behaviors, preferences, and interactions.
- Are there difficulties in personalizing communications and understanding customer journeys?
- Perhaps you need lead scoring to facilitate prioritization.
- How are you managing customer feedback, including surveys and knowledge base management?
3. How effectively are you managing and analyzing your data?
- Evaluate how well you’re tracking and interpreting data related to campaigns and sales performance.
- Are you struggling with data accuracy, integration, or reporting?
4. What tools or features would streamline your processes and improve overall efficiency?
- Envision the functionalities that would simplify your workflows, enhance collaboration, and save time.
- Are there aspects of automation, analytics, or communication that you feel are lacking in your current approach?
B. HubSpot Free vs. Paid: Find the right package for your business
The free version of HubSpot is a good starting point for small businesses and individuals, but it has limitations.
It offers only basic features, limits the number of contacts you can store, provides basic support, has few integrations with other tools, and doesn’t allow team collaboration.
Note: While it’s a great entry point, Many businesses eventually find these limitations restrictive and choose to upgrade to a paid version that better suits their needs.
Is HubSpot worth it for a small business?
HubSpot offers a wide range of features and tools for marketing, sales, and customer service, which can benefit small businesses looking to improve their online presence and customer engagement.
However, it can also be a significant investment, so it’s essential to carefully consider if the features and tools align with your specific business needs and goals.
Note: It’s always a good idea to try the free version of the software and test it before committing to a paid plan.
C. Learning the Core of HubSpot Packages: Hubs vs. Plans
HubSpot has separated a set of features into specific categories called Hubs, based on their usage in various departments.
HubSpot offers five hubs, each tailored to specific business functions:
Drive revenue by connecting with leads at the right place and time across email, landing pages, forms, and more. Manage your contacts and campaigns in one place and use automation tools to scale your efficiency.
Measure the success of your campaigns using powerful reporting tools. All are powered by the data in your CRM to enable customer connection at scale.
Powerful sales software to help teams close more deals, deepen relationships, and manage their pipeline more effectively — all on one connected platform.
Includes a fully featured sales CRM, sales engagement tools, quotes, reporting and analytics, and more — plus the ability to seamlessly integrate with more than 1,400 tools in HubSpot’s app marketplace.
Customer service software that helps you deepen customer relationships, connect to the front office, and drive team efficiency. Service Hub is easy to use and connected to HubSpot’s full CRM platform.
Includes conversational tools, a shared inbox, help desk automation, a knowledge base, customer feedback and surveys, reporting, a customer portal, and playbooks.
Operations software that lets your team easily sync, clean, and curate customer data, and automate business processes. Includes programmable automation, data sync, data curation, and data quality tools — all powered by HubSpot.
Operations software empowers your business with a unified view of every customer interaction, enabling you to deliver friction-free customer experiences.
Content management software that’s flexible for marketers, powerful for developers, and gives your customers a personalized, secure experience.
Includes hosting, flexible themes, dynamic content, drag-and-drop page editing, memberships, and more — all powered by a CRM platform that allows you to build seamless digital experiences for your customers.
*For each Hub, HubSpot offers four subscription plans.
Free and Starter are the most easygoing and suitable for small businesses. Professional is the most common choice and is suitable for small- to medium-sized businesses looking to access additional valuable features and customization, including automation options. Enterprise is the most advanced plan HubSpot offers, It’s suitable for large businesses and enterprises.
D. Key Considerations for Package Selection:
When choosing a HubSpot package, keep the following factors in mind:
a. Contacts: Evaluate the number of actively engaged contacts in your database, as pricing often depends on the number of marketing contacts.
*Marketing contacts- all the contacts within your database that you plan to market to with digital content, such as emails, newsletters, workflows, blogs, ads, etc.
- You will get 2,000 marketing contacts with Marketing Hub Starter (you can always add additional contacts in increments of 1000).
- You will get 2,000 marketing contacts with Marketing Hub Professional (you can always add additional contacts in increments of 5000).
- You will get 10,000 marketing contacts with Marketing Hub Enterprise (you can always add additional contacts in increments of 10,000).
b. Customization: Identify the level of customization required for personalized experiences. Each subscription plan offers different limits and a range of customization options.
c. Automation: Determine the kind of automation your business needs, whether it’s through workflows or sequences.
Workflows allow you to automate your marketing emails as well as your internal processes, while Sequences are designed to automate one-to-one personalized outreach.
- Workflows – available on all professional packages and above.
- Sequences – available with sales or service professionals and above.
d. Team Size: The number of paid seats required depends on the size of your sales or service team and the features needed for each member.
e. Reporting: Assess the level of reporting necessary for data-driven decision-making and choose the package that aligns with your reporting needs.
So, How much does HubSpot cost?
Note: HubSpot’s pricing may vary based on different variables.
To ensure you get the best value for your investment and select a package that suits your specific needs, we highly recommend seeking advice from an expert. This will help you avoid overpaying or choosing a plan that does not align with your requirements.
Selecting the right HubSpot package is a crucial step in optimizing your marketing, sales, and service efforts.
Take the time to understand your business requirements, and carefully consider the features and limitations of each package.
With the right approach, HubSpot can become a powerful ally in driving your business’s success.
As a trusted HubSpot Gold partner, SAGE Marketing HubSpot experts are here to guide you through your journey and keep you updated on all the latest HubSpot developments.
Get in touch with our HubSpot experts, and let us help you make the right decision 🙂