The first order of business in a startup is product development and fundraising. Marketing and sales are the next big hurdles. When marketing on Hubspot, the power of automation is your secret weapon.
Many of our startup clients are building their growth strategies for sales and marketing with automation. This is the process to standardize manual, time-consuming tasks while personalizing the message to the target audience.
A comprehensive platform like HubSpot B2B for Marketing and Sales, helps organize everything on one platform. With over 300 software integrations, companies can be more efficient with their limited resources.
Saving time and money, automation gives companies a framework to bring in new leads. Nurturing them through their journey until they are ready to buy or not, is the foundation for success.
Attracting and nurturing hot leads that could turn into a sales opportunity is the goal!
Hubspot for MARKETING
All content and marketing efforts are tracked on the HubSpot platform.
Inbound marketing is when leads find you through valuable content on social media, for example, and then come to your site. Once leads engage with your company on social media, complete a form, download content, read your blogs, view videos, or start talking on chat bots; it’s time for the conversation to continue.
Outbound Marketing is when the company makes the initial first contact with their target audience. They could be running ads offering relevant content, cold calling, or emails. LinkedIn outreach to individuals, all require lots of effort and the data must be captured and documented into a CRM.
If a lead considers your solution an asset to their business, they will convert at a higher rate. Harder to close leads, should be nurtured. You choose where they belong, and no one is forgotten.
The Tools are Powerful and Intuitive
- HubSpot B2B Marketing provides easy-to-use tools like templates for landing pages, emails, social media posting, blogs etc. Marketers can concentrate on content without having to be a developer or a graphic artist.
- The analytics tools report on the number of visitors, their source (organic or paid), and what path they are taking to becoming a customer. It answers which effort is the most effective to convert leads into customers as it drills down to the specific asset and campaign.
- Website views – Ranks the pages and the blog posts for the highest traffic and interaction.
- Competition posts – Check out their engagement rate. People are motivated to participate because it’s time sensitive.
Hubspot for Sales
Forbes said, “Sales reps spend less than 36% of their time selling and less than 18% updating the CRM.”
So, if we leverage automation, Sales has the time to engage with the most important asset, qualified prospects that have engaged with the brand.
By standardizing the sales process, you will have a road map on what to do for different deal stages.
- Qualifying the lead – Do they have the budget, the authority, the need, and the timing to act on your solution.
- Communication is key to creating a relationship – HubSpot offers email sequences, snippets, calendar meeting scheduler, and phone recordings.
- Follow Up – Once a contact is created all interactions are documented in the CRM – tasks are created, notifications, notes, and recorded calls are all designed to be proactive.
- Track emails and documents – Know when the email is opened and how many times. See what pages of the document sent are being viewed, for how long, and forwarded to another team member. It is critical information when sending out a proposal.
- Assets management – Create folders with valuable content to share like videos, white papers, eBooks, and articles.
- Deal stages– Some stages are automated based on actions ex: proposal is sent, and some must be manually moved by the sales staff.
- Trigger events – Capitalize on the attendees of a webinar, trade show, or PR event.
- Reports – All activities can be tracked and reported on by the sales rep, or the team. i.e., Deals closed vs. goals, total deals by stage, revenue forecasting, win/lost report and much more.
The more information the sales reps have at their fingertips the more effective their efforts will be to close the business.
Whether a contact is moving along the sales funnel or must be nurtured by marketing, knowing where the opportunities are and their forecasted closed date are essential to the success of any startup.
HubSpot is the ultimate organizer of marketing content and a tracker of sales efforts! And Sage Marketing is very experienced in helping Startups meet their aggressive goals.